Factors Affecting Your Air Conditioner’s Life.
Various factors determine the period your air conditioner will last. Some of them are given below:
- Installation: When installing an AC unit, ensure that it is installed correctly. Ensure the condenser coil is placed at least 2 feet away from walls and windows. The compressor should be placed in a well-ventilated area to work effectively.
- Humidity Control: Humidity control is significant when considering an AC unit. If there is too little humidity, the AC won’t be able to cool the room properly. To maintain proper humidity levels, use HVAC service Austin, TX, to install dehumidifiers in areas where the AC is being used.
- Dirty Filters: If your air conditioner filter becomes dirty, it may cause your air conditioner to work harder to remove contaminants from the air. Change the filter monthly by scheduling HVAC service in Austin, TX, to prevent dust particles from entering the unit and therefore increase their lifespan.
- Airflow: The amount of airflow through the AC unit is equally important. If there is too much airflow, the unit will run longer because it will have to work harder to cool the room. On the contrary, if the airflow is insufficient, the room could potentially overheat.
- Overloading: Overloading your air conditioner can damage the compressor and reduce its lifespan. To determine whether your air conditioner is operating within safe limits, check the label on the back of the unit. If it says cooling capacity or heat output, your air conditioner can cool or heat a certain volume of space.
Air Conditioner Maintenance For Longer Life.
Air conditioning maintenance is extremely important to increase the lifespan. A properly maintained air conditioner will last longer and save you money in the long run. You should schedule an annual AC Maintenance in Austin TX at least once per season. It should include cleaning filters, checking the refrigerant level, inspecting ducts, and testing the unit.
If any problems are detected, they should be addressed immediately by calling the AC repair in Austin, TX. Also, the first thing you should do before buying any AC unit is to check its maintenance records. It will tell you whether you serviced the unit properly and what kind of service is received. A good company will always offer you a warranty after servicing their units.
Regular maintenance helps to extend its life span. It prevents breakdowns and reduces the chances of damage caused by extreme weather conditions.
Hiring professionals from Alpine heating and air conditioning to perform routine maintenance checks ensures that your air conditioner runs smoothly. They will inspect the unit, check the filter, and lubricate moving parts. They will also clean and dry the indoor coil and condenser units.