It is normal for an air conditioner to always run for a long period of time in hot summers to make your home stay cool. It is a problem if your air conditioner is running all day but isn’t maintaining your home cool.
The thermostat is not attaining the desired temperature, and you are not comfortable. Contact an air conditioner contractor in Austin, Texas, to fix the unit. Texas has hot summers, which makes it unbearable to live without an AC.
Few Reasons Why Your AC Unit Is Constantly Running.
- Dirty Air Filter: Most of the problems arise from clogged air filters. Air filters are one of the most important components of an air conditioner. It removes all the dust, grime, and dirt from the air. Air filters need to be replaced or cleaned every month for proper functioning.
- Undersized AC: An air conditioner with proper size in respect to your home will work more efficiently than any other air conditioner. It must work harder if the air conditioner is too small for your home. It will damage your HVAC unit and decrease its lifespan.
If you have a large system, the unit will fail to remove extra moisture from the house.
- The Thermostat Is Not Working Properly: The thermostat often starts to malfunction and never registers the temperature, so the air conditioner continues to run all day long. Check whether the batteries of the thermostat are dead or functioning well. Reset the thermostat and wait for 5 minutes. If it’s still not working, you need air conditioner repair in Austin, TX.
- Insufficient Refrigerant : Refrigerant is used to absorb heat from the inside unit and dispel it outside. Freon is used as a refrigerant. Freon is harmful to humans, and you should immediately contact a professional for the services of an ac tune up near me.
- Insufficient Insulation: It is recommended to insulate your house before installing an air conditioner. Poor sealing leads to the leaking of conditioned air. An air conditioner will frequently run to fill the gap. It increases your utility bills.
- The Unit Is Older Than 15 Years: An air conditioner can only last for 10-15 years, depending upon how it was maintained and serviced. The HVAC system will have frequent breakdowns at the end of its lifespan. You should replace the air conditioner with a newer one.
Contact An HVAC Contractor.
An HVAC technician will help you to avoid all the discussed problems. The expert technicians will perform heat load calculations to determine the perfect size of your HVAC system. A technician will check if your vents and ducts are cleared and the components are lubricated.
You should take preventative measures before it becomes a bigger problem. It will cost you more if you ignore the signs. Air conditioner Maintenance in Austin, TX, by an expert, will help you to reduce your electricity bills.